Animals – Dog Licenses
WV Law requires the assessor to collect license fees on all dogs who are or who will be 6 months of age or older by June 30 of the following year. Dog Licenses must be renewed annually. For more information about licenses, visit the Jefferson County Assessor’s website.
Garage / Yard Sale Permit
Yard Sale Permits can be obtained at the Ranson Police Department. There is a $5 fee for the permit.
- Yard Sales must be conducted at an occupied residence, and are limited to one household only. They may not be conducted at a business or on commercial property.
- No more than three licenses may be issued to any single residence within the city during a 12 month period.
- Advertisements are to be restricted to yards, garage, or household where sale is to be conducted. Any sign displayed on public, city, or state property will be removed by the department.
- Signs designating yard sales shall not exceed four square feet and shall bear the name of the permittee.
- Signs shall not obstruct view and shall be removed immediately after the sale has ended.
- The permit should be displayed in the front window or other prominent location where it is clearly visible from the street at the location where the sale is to be conducted.
- All sidewalks, walkways and driveways shall be kept clear and uncongested of sale items.
- Penalty for violation of the provisions of Chapter 6, Section 43 of the Ranson Municipal Code has been set at not less than $100 or more than $1,000.