Director: Riley Stanley
Community Development is one component of the Community & Economic Development Department, and it includes planning, permitting, and development review for both long range and current projects.
This department, and its divisions, are structured to accommodate all aspects of development activity. We work with neighborhoods, businesses and other public partners to enhance the economic prosperity, vitality and the overall quality of life of our community.
Following are overviews of the planning and zoning; building site and infrastructure; and, neighborhood services divisions within this department.
The Planning Division implements long-range land use planning such as developing and managing the City’s Comprehensive, analyzing policy issues, legislative actions; and annexation proposals. Development planning includes current land use proposals and its responsibilities include:
- Accessory Dwelling Units
- Conditional & Special Uses
- Subdivisions of Property
- Zoning Compliance
Permitting – by navigating to this link, you will be redirected to an external website
- Approvals and Inspections
- Building Code Compliance and Inspections
- Building Permit Issuance
- Civil Plan Review
- Code Interpretation
- Engineering Standards
- Fill & Grade Permits
- Flood Regulation Review & Compliance
- General Facilities Maintenance
- Plan Review
- Regulation Enforcement
- Sanitary Sewer Permits
- Citizen education and outreach
- Coordination of interdepartmental efforts to solve neighborhood problems
- Coordination of efforts to achieve compliance with the city’s blight and nuisance abatement program
- Maintenance and preservation of existing structures in the community through enforcement of property maintenance codes
- Organizing neighborhoods
- Promoting neighborhood self-help programs to address community priorities
312 S. Mildred St.
Ranson, West Virginia 25438
Click here to contact us online.
Monday – Friday
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.